Yesterday, my awesome new buddy Jess Witkins did a post called “Guilty Pleasures: Flashback Fun” inspired by Thoughts Appear’s Movies Teach Us posts. In it, she discussed the lessons that can be learned from watching the funnier movies. At the end she asked for examples, but I couldn’t do it! Why? Because I had too many movies floating around in my brain to narrow it down to just one. Instead, I decided to try my hand at it and see what you guys think. (I still had so many movies that I may have to do this in sections if you guys enjoy it as much as I did). 🙂
- All schools for the gifted are located near beauty colleges, and they love playing with minors.
- Dry ice can be cut and used as coin in vending machines
- TPing a house is a lame prank. Assembling someone’s car in their bedroom…THAT’s a prank! Go big or go home!
- The best way to convince someone you’re Jesus when gas lighting a person is to tell them to stop playing with themselves.
Adventures In Babysitting
- When your boyfriend calls on your anniversary to cancel because his mom is sick and he needs to care for her, he’s cheating on you.
- All kids know how to scale skyscrapers with nothing but rope.
- Cars always break down in front of frat houses.
- There’s only one rule when running from thugs in a bad neighborhood and you duck into the local bar. “Nobody leaves this place without singin’ the blues”.
- Thor is REAL!
Blast From the Past
- If Christopher Walken is your dad, you’re doomed to an unusual childhood (possibly in a bomb shelter or Baltimore).
- In case of nuclear war, you must stay in your underground bomb shelter for 35 years (every household has one).
- Guys named Adam are destined to fall in love with girls named Eve.
- All guys that grew up in bomb shelters have manners, dance well and love Perry Como.
Exit To Eden
- Somewhere in the Caribbean is a sexual Fantasy Island that specializes in D/s play.
- Everyone is sexy to someone. Just ask the guy who volunteered to sleep on Rosie O’Donnell’s floor.
- “The best submissives usually become the best Masters.”
- “Australian kink!” is a method for eating croissants-butter edge of bread, butter woman’s nipple, sprinkle cinnamon on edge of bread, sprinkle cinnamon on nipple. Guy nibbles on nipple, girl eats croissant.
Pump Up The Volume
- If a guy is shy and chews Black Jack chewing gum, he must run a pirate radio station.
- Everything you need to set up a pirate radio station can be purchased at Radio Shack.
- The FCC won’t come after you for broadcasting illegally unless they get multiple complaints.
- If a bare chested hottie says “I’m not like you”, the best way to prove he’s wrong is to take of your shirt and show him your boobs.
- The truth is a Virus!
One of my all time favorite soundtracks is Pump Up The Volume. Combining Samantha Mathis & Christian Slater with Ivan Neville’s “Why Can’t I Fall In Love” was just….::fanning myself::
So what about you guys? What lessons have you learned from your comedies over the years? Did you enjoy this segment? If I missed a few lessons, share yours…because I tried to limit myself to 4-5 bullet points per movie.